Monday, October 13, 2014

The Beginning...
10/13/14

I have decided to create this blog to document my collection of the 1933 Goudey card set.  I know it will take some time, but I am going to be patient and try to get every single one of the 240 cards, even the Nap Lajoie.  These will obviously take some money, which will be a problem near the end, as I am a college freshman and do not have much money.  As a result, I will try to get the commons for all under 5 dollars, including shipping, and will get them in any (readable) shape, as you will soon see. 

The cards I already have are:
  • Earl Whitehill #124
  • Fred Leach #179

I bought both of these cards for only $2.99 a card off of Ebay, which I consider a steal.  They are both in poor condition, due to the pin holes, but otherwise aren't too bad.  One of the interesting things about the '33 Goudey's is that sometimes words or pictures would bleed through the cards.  You can see this in the Fred Leach card back, as you can see him batting through the card.

I have two more cards coming in the mail, a mystery 1933 Goudey card I won as part of a lot on Ebay, and a Pepper Martin card.  I will keep you updated on those once they arrive to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment